2014 Harley-Davidson® FXDF Fat Bob® - Color Option
Stock Image: Amber Whiskey
Scottsdale Cycle Center
FXDF Fat Bob® - Color Option
2014 Harley Davidson FXDF, Stage 2 upgrade with Black Vance & Hines Short shot pipes.
- Blacked Out Finishes: The 2014 Fat Bob proves there’s no such thing as too much black. From the aluminum triple clamps and battery box cover to the headlight trim ring and rear shock covers, this thick-cut, menacing bad boy is blacked out from top to bottom, nose to tail. Go ahead. Flash some black.
- Blacked Out Twin Cam 96™ 103 Engine: Stand out, even under the cover of darkness. With the blacked out Twin Cam 103 cubic-inch, rubber-mounted, air-cooled engine beneath you, the night is yours. And should that notion be questioned, the deep, guttural rumble will make it perfectly clear that giving ground is not an option.
- Black Machined Aluminum Slotted Disc Wheels: Whoever said black was slimming obviously has never seen the burly front end of the 2014 Fat Bob. The fat rubber is wrapped around pure black, machined aluminum slotted disc wheels with laser engraved graphics. Even the most formidable stretches of unwelcoming urban pavement will cower out of sheer intimidation.
- New Diagonal Tank Graphics: In a world of more, more, more, sometimes just enough is all you really need. The new minimal tank graphics give a nod to the stripped-down nature of the bike. At the same time, the diagonal lines match its aggressive stance. No nonsense. No frills. Pure attitude. You don’t need to say much to make a bold statement.
- Blunt Cut Mufflers: This devil is all the way in these details. New blunt cut mufflers perfectly complement the aggressive lines of the rear fender, black-covered shocks and tank graphics. This is the Harley-Davidson attention to detail. And it’s the reason our bikes have been grabbing attention for over 110 years.
- Low Profile Tank Console: It’s sleek. It’s black. It keeps an ultra-low profile. The new tank console with 5-inch gage and integral ignition switch gives the Fat Bob a true custom look, for those who refuse to blend in with the herd.
- Trimmed Rear Fender: Let's just say it's about the minimum amount of rear fender allowed by law. Slash-cut rear with chrome support, this fender won’t hide your rubber from anyone you happen to blow by. And the dual ring LED tail lamp complements the twin headlamp out front. Which means that even in the dark of night you’ll still turn heads.
- Blacked Out Rear Shocks: We’re the last ones to screw with a good thing. Which is why the 2014 Fat Bob® model comes with the same high-performance, coil-over rear shocks revered by so many riders. But with a little less chrome and a lot more black. Trust us, only the eye will perceive a difference.
- New Two Up Seat: You spend a lot of time in the saddle, so we spent a lot of time designing a better one. The new two-up seat is sleek and ergonomically sculpted to fit as comfortably as your leather jacket. And puts you in a riding position that commands instant respect in whatever town you happen to be rumbling into. Saddle up and raise a little hell. Who knows, maybe you'll pick up a new friend along the way.
- Aggressive Front End: With its wide stance and fat styling, the Fat Bob® comes on like a back-alley brawler: big, bold and dripping with attitude. Muscled up forks, dual headlamps and a 16-inch front wheel wrapped in a 130mm tire give it a menacing, all-business stance and powerful performance.
- Drag-Style Handlebar: The Fat Bob® motorcycle features an internally wired 1 1/4-inch bar with tall risers. This beefy handlebar is truly reminiscent of an aggressive quarter mile monster. And with the wires routed through the steel, you get a clean, minimal look with nothing standing in your way of the open road.
- Dual Front Chrome Headlamp: Twice the custom style. Twice the badass attitude. The Fat Bob® model features a distinctive cast chrome double headlamp bucket that blasts open the night so you can see everything in your path. And with double the chrome coverage of a single bucket, you're bound to turn twice as many heads on the boulevard.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the Twin Cam 103™ engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated heads and cylinders are highlighted by machined cooling fin tips and chrome rocker covers. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the Twin Cam 103™ engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies.
- Six-Speed Cruise Drive® Transmission: You want a ride that rumbles—not begs for mercy—when you lean on it a little. The Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission provides smooth, quiet shifting and reduces engine speed on the highway, so you get a better match between engine turnover and road speed. It's a rare ride when a bike responds like this, and a low growl goes a long way when you're opening up the road ahead.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Heritage: The knowledge of what makes an engine truly move a rider runs deep at The Motor Company, and it was put to good use when we created the Twin Cam 103™; engine. We sweated bullets perfecting every cubic inch, pushing design and technology forward. And we did it all without compromising one bit of Harley-Davidson's unique styling. Evolved, yet carrying on the legacy of the Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, Shovelhead, Evolution®, Twin Cam 88®; and Twin Cam 96™ engines that came before. The performance and durability are a direct result of the untold miles logged on the V-Twin since 1909, and the proud heritage that comes from a century's worth of commitment to life on two wheels.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Innovation: Fire up the Twin Cam 103™ engine and feel the low-end torque unleashed. Thanks to the lightweight piston design, delivery of the added power is more refined than ever. Then put your foot on the shifter and feel how the engine and Six-Speed Cruise Drive® transmission were designed to work together. Six speeds. A strong driveline and strong internal parts. Low routine maintenance. And a low cruising rpm couldn't feel better.
- Twin Cam 103™ Engine Power: Live your ride to the power of Twin Cam 103™. The air cooled Twin Cam 103™ Harley Davidson® engine delivers more stump pulling torque, while its Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection jetting gives crisp, lively throttle reaction. It’s a performance punch that you’ll appreciate when passing, climbing hills, or rolling with luggage packed or a passenger in back—all under that signature Motor Company rumble. And it comes at lower cruising rpm, so you ride more smoothly, with less engine vibration and better highway fuel economy.
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The optional factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to details and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (Optional): You may be cruising with swagger, but you know safety counts. This sophisticated, factory-installed ABS gives 'stopping power' a double meaning. Its components are tastefully hidden within the wheel hub, so you'll still turn heads with clean, streamlined design. But more importantly, you get certainty in the saddle knowing your bike's going to behave when you need it.
- Adjustable Suspension: Easily adjust preload with a spanner wrench to suit your suspension to your riding style. The slammed low rear suspension gives you a more laid-back riding position and style. Low-profile, kicked back for profiling down the boulevard and hugging corners.
- Dual Disc Front Brakes: Keeping your mind clear and soaking up the freedom of the open road means not fretting about your ride. Especially when it comes to stopping. High performance, sleek design, the dual disc brakes feature 4-piston fixed calipers out front grabbing on floating rotors for superior stopping power.
- Forward-Mounted Controls: With the custom forward-mounted controls on the Fat Bob® model, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to—on a two-wheeled machine that's built to outdo the rest.
- Length: 94.5 in. (2,400 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.1 in. (663 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 27.2 in. (690 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.9 in. (125 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 29
- Trail: 4.92 in. (125 mm)
- Wheelbase: 63.8 in. (1,620 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/90B16 67H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 180/70B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 3 qt. (2.8 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 673 lb. (305 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 706 lb. (320 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Twin Cam 103™
- Bore: 3.87 in. (98.4 mm)
- Stroke: 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Displacement: 103.1 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 9.6:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 34/46 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.311
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.454
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.793
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 3.882
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.307
- Gear Ratios (overall) 6th: 2.79
- Exhaust: Chrome, “Tommy Gun” 2-1-2 collector with dual mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Machined, Aluminum Slotted Disc
- Wheels, Rear Type: Machined, Aluminum Slotted Disc
- Brakes, Caliper Type: 4-piston fixed front, and 2-piston torque-free floating rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 98.8 ft-lb (134 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 30
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 31
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 42 mpg (5.6 L/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, directional light bar, neutral, low oil pressure, engine diagnostics, turn signals, security system(optional), 6-speed, low fuel warnings
- Gauges: Tank-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, RPM/Gear display, fuel gauge with low fuel warning light and countdown feature, low oil pressure indicator light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights, 6-speed indicator light
- Engine Type
- Twin Cam 103™
- 103.1 cu.in. (1,690 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.87 in. (98.4 mm) x 4.374 in. (111.1 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- 4-piston fixed
- Rear Brakes
- 2-piston torque-free floating
- Front Tire
- 130/90B16 67H
- Rear Tire
- 180/70B16 77H
- 63.8 in. (1,620 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.1 in. (663 mm); Unladen: 27.2 in. (690 mm)
- 29 deg.
- 4.92 in. (125 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5 gal. (18.9 L)
- 42 mpg (5.6 L/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 673 lb. (305 kg)
- Standard: Analog
- Standard: Digital
- Sand Cammo Denim, Black Denim, Amber Whiskey